Our TeamLissa Hines, Co-Founder and Director of Operations
Meaghan Hindman, Co-Founder and Director of Academics
Lucy Valenzuela, Office Manager
Donna Geist, Community Liaison/Office Assistant
Founding STEAM Teacher/Technology Coordinator
Jenn Andes, Founding Teacher
LaVainna Trammel, Founding Teacher
APPLY TODAY to join the Altura Prep Family
WHY WORK AT ALTURA PREP?
- FOCUS: Altura Prep staff are uniquely supported to become the best at what they do. Between regular coaching and support for teachers, specialized class loads, and regular days dedicated to teacher learning, we create the time and opportunities for teachers and staff to focus on what’s important – the students.
- INNOVATE: We seek to move forward and to create new solutions to challenges that have existed for decades.
- COLLABORATE: Altura Prep team members work together to teach units, analyze data, and support students. Altura Prep staff and families work together to transform a child’s educational experience and impact his/her community.
- CARE: We are a family. We help one another be at our best.
- CHANGE THE CONVERSATION: Altura Prep is your opportunity to make an impact on the conversations about education in Albuquerque and New Mexico. We strive to prove that it is possible for all students, regardless of demographic, to be prepared academically and personally for middle school, high school, and college.
JOIN OUR TEAM (Here’s How)
- Review the Open Position Descriptions (linked below) to understand the role, who we’re looking for, and details for sending your cover letter and resume
- Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include credentials and references- we will let you know when we plan to contact your references). In your cover letter, be sure to respond to the prompt found in the position description linked below.
- Participate in a Phone Interview
- Visit the school: you’ll teach a lesson, observe a class, and interview in person with Altura Prep teachers and leaders
- Ask us questions along the way
- If we’re the right fit, sign your Offer Letter to join the Altura Prep Team