WHY WORK AT ALTURA PREP?
- FOCUS: Altura Prep staff are uniquely supported to become the best at what they do. Between regular coaching and support for teachers, specialized class loads, and regular days dedicated to teacher learning, we create the time and opportunities for teachers and staff to focus on what’s important – the students.
- INNOVATE: We seek to move forward and to create new solutions to challenges that have existed for decades.
- COLLABORATE: Altura Prep team members work together to teach units, analyze data, and support students. Altura Prep staff and families work together to transform a child’s educational experience and impact his/her community.
- CARE: We are a family. We help one another be at our best.
- CHANGE THE CONVERSATION: Altura Prep is your opportunity to make an impact on the conversations about education in Albuquerque and New Mexico. We strive to prove that it is possible for all students, regardless of demographic, to be prepared academically and personally for middle school, high school, and college.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT (Here’s How)
- Submit a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com (Please include credentials and references- we will let you know when we plan to contact your references)
- Participate in a Phone Interview
- Lead a Sample Teaching Lesson or Performance Task (for non-instructional positions), Participate in an Observation Debrief, and Interview with Altura Prep School Leaders
- Ask us questions along the way
- If we’re the right fit, sign your Offer Letter to join the Altura Prep Founding Team
Click the link below to see a description of the position as well as instructions for submitting your information.
- Classroom Content Teacher – APPLY NOW
- Enrichment Teacher – APPLY NOW
- Special Education Teacher – APPLY NOW
- Student Support Coordinator – APPLY NOW
- Educational Assistant – APPLY NOW
- Office Assistant – APPLY NOW
- Lunch Team – APPLY NOW
- Custodial Team – APPLY NOW
WHY USE A SELECTION MODEL?
Teachers matter. The most important factor in student achievement is the quality of the teacher in the classroom. Nothing matters as much as the person standing in front of those students – not where they come from, the resources they have access to, the building, the neighborhood. Nothing is as important as the teacher.
It will help us identify and refine what we are looking for. Using a high-quality model will help us zero in on the skills and traits our teachers need to have and plan how we will identify those skills and traits during the selection process. Having a detailed selection model will help us evaluate all of our candidates effectively and fairly.
It will help us to establish and maintain a high bar for quality. Consistently utilizing a selection model will help us know what excellence looks like in each of the areas that are important to success at Altura Prep, even when interviewing and considering a range of candidates.
It will help us to find teachers who are a strong match for Altura Prep’s needs and improve student outcomes. Up to 25% of a teachers’ effectiveness is driven by their fit at their school. Better matches between principals, teachers and schools also improves teacher retention.
WHAT IS A SELECTION MODEL?
A selection model is a formal rebric used to evaluate potential hires. See the table below for a full overview.
|School Selection Model|
|What are we looking for?||Identified criteria are called “Competencies.”
Example of one competency: Teaching Ability
|What does it look like?||Each Competency has examples of specific behaviors called “indicators.”
Examples indicators of Teaching Ability
|How are we going to see it?||Selection activities (application questions, interview questions/scenarios, writing prompts) are aligned with one or more competencies.|
|How will we evaluate it?||Candidates are rated.
Example of our four-point rating scale: (1) Highly Effective (2) Effective, (3) Not Quite Effective and (4) Ineffective.
EXPLORE THE POSITIONS ABOVE TO JOIN OUR TEAM and JOIN THE MOVEMENT to reimagine learning for Albuquerque’s children
Altura Preparatory School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, or sexual orientation.